Thursday, January 21, 2010

How long should leg hair get to prior to waxing?

I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks. I want to get a leg wax just before going. How long should my leg hairs be before I get the wax and how many days growth would this be?How long should leg hair get to prior to waxing?
Half a centimetre. I cant really say how many days growth that is as some people's hair grows faster than others, your in a better position to judge then me! Hope this helps though.How long should leg hair get to prior to waxing?
It must be at least half a centimetre (5mm). I have been waxing my legs for years now and so this takes 3-4 weeks for me. Luckily they have got quite fine now which is good. If you try waxing and your hairs are not long enough the wax cannot get a good grip on your hair and it doesn't work very well. :(





You have to wait at least 24 hours after waxing before exposing your skin to the sun, as the skin may be sensitised and more prone to burning - this is especially important for bikini and underarms.





As an alternative and re-useable option, I would recommend looking at epilators. Similarly to waxing, it pulls the hairs out the roots so they grow back slower and finer (over time) and you can use it yourself (no salon fees), plus you can do it when your hairs are just 1-2mm long.





An epilator costs about 拢30-40, which is about 2 salon leg waxes, so long-term it's a cheaper option, but you don't get the luxury feeling of going into a salon, and they are quite noisy. But if you have an adapter you can take it on holidays with you (good if you have 2 weeks!).





Have a great holiday and best of luck with the hair removal!
Your leg hair needs to be about a quarter of an inch for the wax to grab on to an pull the root out. This is usually about 3-5 days for me, but it depends on how fast your hair regrows. Take it day by day. Unless your hair grows extremely slow, no more than a week is needed, but I would suggest going as long as you can and waxing as close as possible to your departure date, that way the waxing lasts longer. Hope this helps and have a great holiday!
around 2-5mm is fine. I'd say get your legs done about 1-2days before you go away.





It depends on how fast you hairs grow, but if you want waxing to be effective then don't shave for a week prior to appt (if you shave!). Otherwise the waxing won't take all the hairs off properly and some will grow back quicker.
At least 2 weeks growth and more like 3 if they were shaved last time.
3mm long

No comments:

Post a Comment