Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does waxing your upper lip make the hair grow back thicker?

I use bleaching creams for my upper lip because I've always had a fear of waxing my upper lip. Is it true that the hair will grow back darker and thicker?Does waxing your upper lip make the hair grow back thicker?
No, in fact it grows back thinner and lighter..Does waxing your upper lip make the hair grow back thicker?
That is true of shaving, not waxing.
no


its not like shaving


the hair is pulled out by the root and after awhile they don't come back at all


before that they will start to come in finer and lighter til they are gone





i have been waxing my arm pits,legs ,eye brows and upper lip for many many yrs almost 30 and i hardly have any at all


i can go almost a yr without waxing now
If anything, it will be thinner and not as thick. If it is a problem for you, I'd look into laser hair removal. From personal experience, it is phenomenal. It would be probably $500ish, but then it wouldn't be a problem any more.
no, it doesn't grow back thicker. People jsut say that.
i would say no...its just seems like that because you haven't had any hair there lately...thats really just you being nervous about it
mine actually grew back thinner and not as dark, now I only have to have it waxed maybe once a year or less. Same with my eyebrows, I dont have to have them done nearly as often and when I do, its mostly just to shape them up. I dont have the unibrow thing like I use to have.
No, not true. It may SEEM thicker when it first starts growing back, but it is not. You only have so many hair follicles and waxing can't affect that. Sometimes when you wax, you damage the follicle and it does not grow back. After a while, it will seem thinner.
No it's not true. In fact it often grows back finer. If you shave your upper lip it *appears* to grow back thicker but it's just an illusion because hairs are thick at the base and then taper out as they grow so when you cut the hair at the base, it's that thick base that is pushing out above your skin when it grows but it eventually tapers out if you continue to let it grow. But waxing pulls the hair out by the entire root so it will not appear to grow back thicker.
My stylist waxes my lip and no, it does not grow back thicker or darker.
i have no idea but thank God that youre a girl who notices that there's hair there
nah!! i have fairly light and soft hair...but i still get those little 15 or so on my mustache thing....iv waxed, plucked, even shaved..they all come back the same...its hooey that hair grows back thicker..But it is true that you can mess up the hair growth if you shave it the wrong way...but thats extremely thick hair...like pubic..WAX AWAY hun!
I heard that it does! I myself wax mine but it hasn't ever came back thicker!
Even if it does grow back a little bit thicker you should keep getting rid of it coz having a fluffy lip is mingin.
um...I have heard that it does grow back thicker %26amp; darker but you know Im not really sure because i use the cream bleach too(works fine for me and isn't painful and you dont have to worry about it growing back darker or thicker) so if I were you I would just stick to the bleaching...
No it wont make it thicker or darker!!!
waxing make hair lighter
no it is a myth that hair grows back thicker or darker. think about it? it isn't changing the root or the way it is growing from under your skin. waxing shaving and or anything else doesn't change the structure beneath the skin, but if you were to shave it would give the illusion of thicker hair because it now grows with a blunt edge hair folicle and it sticks up straight for a while, but still nothing changes underneath the skinas far as the way it grows.
Waxing can actually make them not grow back eventually.
no waxing your upper lip does not make it come back thicker it removes the hairs follicles and they come back later on either the same size or smaller. if you find your upper lip a problem i would recommend either the bleach or wax don't shave!
yup, it is
yes it does my aunt did that and had to live with a moustache cuz it also gets more painful to wax after time!!!
How do you think the bearded lady got that way??

No comments:

Post a Comment