Friday, May 14, 2010

Is waxing upper lip hair better than bleaching?

At the moment, I bleach my darker upper lip hair with a cream bleach. it's ok, but I'm wondering about trying to wax it. Would you recommend it? What's the regrowth like? Will it be more obvious as it starts to grow back than it is with bleaching?. Thanks fellow hairy mamas!Is waxing upper lip hair better than bleaching?
It really is a question of how much hair you have and how fast it grows. Among American women hair growth on the upper lip varies from nothing to a full-blown male moustache, and the best method of addressing the situation varies accordingly.





If there's not too much of it, do you really need to do anything? Most guys are OK about women with a slight moustache.





If you do decide you have to do something, then there isn't a simple answer.





Facial (and also body) hair on women comes about in the same way as on men because of





1) your body being sensitized, before you were even born, to testosterone -- doesn't happen to all girls, but does to many





2) your body producing high levels of testosterone





The growth rate and coarseness of the hair depends on just how much testosterone is circulating in your bloodstream.





Steer clear of bleaching -- when someone sees you against the light you'll look as if you have a glowing moustache and/or beard.





As far as removing it is concerned it's worth remembering that





* Waxing, plucking, threading, epilating all pull the hair out by the roots and where the growth is hormonally-driven can actually stimulate a dormant follicle into producing more hair quicker. They also distort the root if done repeatedly, leading to hair growing at strange angles. And you've got to let the hair grow to quite a length before you can repeat the exercise. It can also damage the skin and discolor it. Long-term use of waxing also causes bad wrinkles.





* Chemical depilatories strong enough to remove the hair are very likely to burn the skin, cause swelling and cause long-term discoloration of the skin.





* Laser is also liable to cause burning and discoloration and in any case only works effectively on a dark hair/light skin combinantion.





* Electrolysis is very liable to cause scarring and discoloration of the skin.





Which, like it or not, leaves shaving which does not damage the skin. Best done with a men's-style electric razor, the best of which, for women, are probably those from the men's range of Norelco razors (Philishave outside the US). Most women who try a men's Norelco wonder why nobody ever told them about it before.Is waxing upper lip hair better than bleaching?
bleaching were bettter for me and waxing hurts id get ur upper lip bleached
??? dunno


I have a friend who runs a sugar / waxing business. Try her.
Waxing hurts a little bit, but it's much faster than bleaching. You pluck out your hear in a second and the good thing is that it hurts just for that second. I've been waxing myself for over 7 or 8 years and every year I get less and less hair. Now, it's OK for me to wax my upper lip once every two and a half months. So, go ahaid and start waxing.
waxing is anyway better than bleaching
I never thought of bleaching myself, sounds like a good idea. I pluck my upper lip hair with tweezers because I can get rid of the hair immediately when they pop out. I've never waxed for the reason you mentioned, you have to wait for it to grow back (making it obvious) before you can wax again. Plucking is an everyday thing for me but once you get rid of it you don't have to spend more than 5mins a day touching up. Oh, I'm sure you'll be wondering...plucking hurts at first but when your skin gets use to having the hair plucked there's no pain at all. Good luck:-)
I'm not a 'hairy girl' but I do get noticeable dark hair on my upper lip. I also have very pale skin which makes it more noticeable. I've had nothing but problems with waxing because it makes my skin red for days and then I break out where the wax was. I probably went to bad places but it's not worth it for me to try again. I had a worse time with the home waxing stuff. I had a pimple mustache and I was afraid to leave the house. A friend of mine gets waxed at least twice a month and it works great for her and she's barely had a problem (except for the one time they burned the skin off her chin and she won a $10,000 lawsuit) The regrowth seems to be the same every time, no more no less.





I actually do a very bad thing now, I just shave it. My hair grows back in so slowly that it's worth it for me and I only have to do it about every 8 weeks or more. I wouldn't recommend doing that because a lot of people swear it grows back in thicker and darker but that hasn't happened to me and I've been doing it for years.
yes
Ive had this problem for many years and always had it waxed, but have recently started having electrolysis done every 2 weeks, it is a little painfull but it stunts the growth and eventually stops the hair growing back but is quite expensive.
wax it, otherwise you'll just look like you've got a blonde moustache.
It is up to you whatever you are most comforable with. If you bleach you will have blonde hair instead of dark. Waxing I believe stunts the growth eventually, although it has to be a certain length to be waxed. You could try plucking with a good pair of tweezers.

No comments:

Post a Comment